Commercial Asbestos Removal
Australia banned the use of asbestos products in 2003. Although it is 17 years later, many of Brisbane’s older commercial buildings have asbestos products that remain in them.
RiverCity Asbestos Removals is on a mission to remove asbestos one building at a time.
Asbestos is nasty. It causes all sorts of problems for building owners and tenants. Worst of all are the health hazards it poses when disturbed or it starts deteriorating. All building owners need to be aware of any asbestos products in a building and how to handle them safely. We use processes and procedures to ensure we minimise airborne asbestos fibres as we work. It is these fibres that can cause a fatal disease to the lungs when inhaled.
Examples of commercial buildings with asbestos used in the building process include:
- kindergartens and schools
- colleges and universities
- office buildings
- shopping centres.
Only licensed professionals should remove asbestos. RiverCity Asbestos is a certified, professional asbestos removal company. Our A Class licence allows us to handle and remove friable and bonded asbestos. We are also a registered business with the Qld Government Building and Asset Services.
Best practice removal service
RiverCity Asbestos commits to removing asbestos in accordance with government legislation and industry best practice. We are proud of our commitment to excellence. All staff are fully trained and qualified to remove friable (A Class) and bonded, non friable (B Class) asbestos.
No matter how big or small your building, we remove all types of commercial asbestos including:
- wall and ceiling sheets
- pipe lagging
- any type of friable or bonded asbestos material.
We dispose all waste from the site according to government legislation. Not only do we follow the correct procedures for asbestos waste disposal, we provide DEHP regulatory approved waste tracking certificates to comply with asbestos waste tracking legislation. Our customers can be reassured that we are fully compliant with the relevant regulations.
Ongoing staff training
With asbestos being so dangerous, we ensure all our staff have ongoing training. It is important to keep them up-to-date with the latest regulatory requirements and legislation such as:
- How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace 2011
- Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011
- Environmental Protection Act.
This also ensures our own processes and procedures are updated and that we only work with the latest information. RiverCity Asbestos Removals is AS/NZS4801 compliant and work to maintain Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
What We Promise
- Comprehensive service from quote to finish
- Listen and understand the site specific job requirements
- Provide a high level of communication, intergrity and professionalism
Safety is paramount
We take safety so seriously because dealing with asbestos is dangerous. Dangerous for the removers and for anyone in the area if the fibres become airborne. It is vital that we carefully remove all traces of asbestos to ensure the good health of everyone involved as well as the environment.
To keep up with changing regulatory requirements, we regularly update company documents such as:
- safe operating procedures
- safe work method statements
- asbestos removal control plan
- job risk assessment.
We understand the importance of keeping our team updated with legislative changes.
RiverCity Asbestos Removal Customer Guarantee
RiverCity Asbestos guarantees to:
- listen and understand specific site requirements
- provide a detailed Quote from start to finish
- deal with any unforeseen issues during the removal process
- minimise the disruption to your business and client
- communicate clearly in a timely manner
- show respect to all we work with as well as the environment
- ensure we work with the latest equipment that is well-maintained
- ensure all our workers’ personal protection equipment is maintained correctly
- work using only safe work practices
- ensure all staff are fully trained, certified and licensed
- have an Qualified supervisor on site to supervise every project
- meet AS/NZS4801 standards and all staff either hold A or Class asbestos licenses.
Areas serviced by RiverCity Asbestos Removals
RiverCity services areas from the north to the south of Brisbane as well as the CBD. We can complete asbestos removal for you no matter how big or small the job. Our estimator is happy to meet on site to discuss your project, contact our office to arrange a site meeting.
Need a QUOTE?
Connect with us on our social platforms.